stuff youâ€™ll need:
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp soy or rice milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup soft or silken tofu
2 tbsp vegan margarine (earth balance)
2 tsp sugar
1 12 oz. can corn niblets, drained (I used frozen corn)
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 3.8 oz can chopped green chilies (including liquid)
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced (optional – but I say required!!)
what to do with the stuff:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly oil and 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In your vita-mixer (or processor), blend the soy or rice milk, vinegar, tofu, margarine, sugar, and Â 1/2 of the corn. Blend on high until smooth and set aside.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the blended tofu and milk mixture, the remaining corn, the onion, the chilies, the pepper if you are using it, and the beans. Mix this with a spatula just until moist and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 60 minutes (a toothpick inserted should come out clean)